Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ice Festival

 Canary Wharf is the venue for the London Ice Sculpting Festival event this weekend.


 I sketched there on Friday lunchtime, when the blocks of ice were starting to be carved.  Sculptors from various countries were hard at work, armed with chainsaws, cutting into the large ice blocks.  The weather was supporting the event by turning rather chilly.



More information on the event which continues today and tomorrow at http://www.londonicesculptingfestival.co.uk/




2 comments:

  1. omg you are so brave. I was there Sunday morning and it was all I could do to take photos - with my gloves on!

    You have captured this event so brilliantly in your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must has been lucky as it wasn't too cold when I was there.

      Delete